We have included the instructions for the freestanding as well as the wall mounted water tanks. For those that need a more practical solution we have also provided a PDF download at the bottom of each installation guide.
It is important for all Thintanks™ being the 1000 litre, 2000 litre, 3000 litre and 4000 litre water tanks to stand on a solid base, that will not settle or move when wet.
The water tanks can be laid on sloping ground, along the length of the tank. Surface must be horizontal (LEVEL) across the width of the tank to allow the sides of the tank to be vertical.
1. Form And Pour 150mm Thick Concrete Slab, 1000mm Wide With 150mm Overlap On Ends.
2. Use F82 Fabric Placed Centrally 75mm Above Prepared Surface.
3. Use A Carpenter's Level To Make Sure The Concrete Surface Is Level Across the Width. (Very Important).
4. Secure Rainwater Tank To The Concrete Slab Using Bracket BS301 On Each End.
5. If Installing Multiple Water Tanks You Will Need To Use Bracket BS301 Between Each Tank
Download The 3000 Litre Free Standing Water Tank Installation PDF (Opens In A new Window)
1. On an existing pavement, sloping away from a fence or wall, the surface must be built up to ensure the tank face is vertical and the back of the tank is flush against the fence or wall.
2. Provide concrete slabs, 100mm minimum thickness, both ends, for fixing with BS301 brackets.
3. With multiple tanks use a BS301 bracket between tanks.
4. Brackets are required to ensure tank cannot be accidentally pulled over by human effort.
Download The 3000 Litre Adjacent To Wall Water Tank Installation PDF (Opens In A new Window)